Got a few seconds and a smart phone? OK, got a scary idea? If so, the 15 Second Horror Contest has returned and is calling your name. Indie film makers Wesley Alley, Curtis Schultz, and others will be doing their best this year and there is still time to enter. Read on for the details…
Can you scare someone in 15 seconds? Filmmakers; Wesley Alley, Curtis Schultz, and about 300 other filmmakers try to for the 2nd year at The Second Annual 15 Second Horror Film Challenge. www.15secondhorror.ca The 15 Second Horror Film Challenge is a not not-for-profit international free contest which celebrity judges rank top 10, share their personal top 5 picks, and award films in a verity of other categories (TBA) like Most technical filmmaker, scariest found footage, scariest monster, etc. The festival has entered its second season (2016), submission deadlines are Oct 24, 2016, and did we mention it was free!!!!! All submissions will air on Halloween.
Last year Wesley Alley submitted the 15 second short film Monster in The Closet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdOETwXvv4Y, which was picked by 3 celebrity judges in their top 5, placed 11th over all out of over 250 entries, and earned Wesley 2nd place most technical filmmaker. This year The 15 Second Horror Film Challenge has chosen to release Wesley’s Newest entrée, Go To Bed, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybdEvBhU3pg ahead of the release date to press to help spread the word of the festival. Curtis Schultz who submitted the film Last year, Lights Out,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ug8hYdimAo which was produced by Wesley Alley also has film this year that The festival released early to help create buzz. Curtis’s submission this year, which was also produced by Wesley Alley, is titled, Toilet Seat, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXVedF3pn4Y
Go to Bed, which was written, directed, and produced by Wesley Alley, stars beautiful, talented, and amazing scream queen Jessica Sonneborn (The Haunting of Alice D, Gog Eat Dog, Bloody Bloody Bible Camp, Lure) Introduces Anasofia Bianchi who is the most amazing little 7 year old girl that is soon to be a star, and Brings back scream King Brian C. Chenworth (ReRe-Animated, The Summoning, You’re Fuck’n Dead, The Haunted House) as the monster….. A young girl wakes her mother afraid of a monster in her room. Her mother shows her that there is nothing to be afraid of, but that just may not be true when the light gets turned off.
Toilet Seat, Which Was Written and Directed by Curtis Schultz and produced by Wesley Alley, stars The amazing and talented Scream Queen Tara Dane (Amber in the Shadows, America in the Shadows, Vicarious, Ft. Slaughterdale) and the amazingly talented scream King Brian C. Chenworth (ReRe-Animated, The Summoning, You’re Fuck’n Dead, The Haunted House)…. Jen told Tom a million times to put the toilet seat down, maybe this will help him remember….
• Last year we received 200 entries from 145 directors worldwide.
• Season 1 acquired several celebrity guest judges including cultural icons Lloyd Kaufman, Nicholas Vince, and Barbie Wilde to next-generation artists Jessica Cameron and Jill Gevargizian.
• All judges ranked Top 10, shared their Top 5 picks, and awarded films in a variety of categories including Lloyd Kaufman’s Top TROMAtic Picks, Top 3 Scariest Monsters, and Top 3 B-Movies.
• The entire first season program can be watched here.
• This year, we’ve received 300+ entries to date and are continuing to receive entries every day as our October 24th submission deadline draws near.
• This year, not only have Season 1 judges returned, but we’re joined by three dozen celebrity guest judges from old school icons Lisa Wilcox (A Nightmare on Elm Street 4), Amy Steel (Friday the 13th: Part II), Mark Torgl (The Toxic Avenger), Geretta Geretta (Demons) to next-generation actresses Najarra Townsend (Contracted) and Hannah Fierman (V/H/S – Amateur Night) only to name a few!
• Full judge list is at 15secondhorror.ca.
Follow and tune into facebook.com/15secondhorror for all festivities. All entries premiere Halloween. Judges’ results roll in throughout November 2016.
15 Second Horror Film Challenge Perks
• It is FREE to enter.
• Filmmakers retain full rights to their work.
• 15 Second Horror Film Challenge is keen to promote filmmakers’ social media pages they wish to have included in their entries’ descriptions.
• All judges share their Top 5 picks with selfies of the titles written on a sign.
• Select judges award films in a variety of categories including Lloyd Kaufman’s Top 3 TROMAtic Picks.
• Lloyd Kaufman will showcase the Top 10 films onto the official TromaMovies Youtube channel of 160,000+ subscribers!