Shark movies are back, and by Shark movies I mean good shark movies. Though you may have to wait for 47 Meters Down (Trust me, it’s worth it) you’ll be able to get your fix with THE SHALLOWS, which hits home This September…
From the Press Release:
Blake Lively (“Gossip Girl,” The Age of Adaline) stars in THE SHALLOWS, the suspenseful thriller that taps into one of man’s most primitive fears – what’s lurking beneath the ocean’s surface? Lively stars as Nancy, a surfer attacked by a great white shark a mere 200 yards from the shore of a secluded Mexican beach. As she struggles to survive, Nancy faces the ultimate contest of wills in the movie critics called “terrifyingly good” (Simon Thompson, IGN.com). It’s not just another day at the beach when THE SHALLOWS arrives on digital September 13 and Blu-ray, DVD. and next-generation 4K Ultra HD September 27 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.
The Blu-ray, DVD, digital, and 4K Ultra HD releases come loaded with bonus material, including deleted scenes and four behind-the-scenes featurettes. Join the director, crew, and Blake Lively as they discuss the challenges and rewards of shooting in the waters off Lord Howe Island located in the Tasman Sea between Australia and New Zealand in “Shooting in The Shallows,” while “How to Build a Shark” delves into the extraordinary visual effects that make The Shallows a terrifying and visceral experience. “Finding The Perfect Beach: Lord Howe Island” allows viewers to travel with the filmmakers for a behind-the-scenes look at the beautiful, pristine location that provides the backdrop for Nancy’s terrifying ordeal, and “When Sharks Attack” offers a harrowing first-person account from a shark attack survivor and an expert who explains what makes sharks attack.
THE SHALLOWS has a run time of approximately 87 minutes and is rated PG-13 for bloody images, intense sequences of peril, and brief strong language.
4K Ultra HD:
- Feature film in 4K resolution with High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- Dolby Atmos soundtrack (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 compatible)*
- Also includes the film and special features on high-def Blu-ray
- To experience Dolby Atmos at home, a Dolby Atmos enabled AV receiver and additional speakers are required, or a Dolby Atmos enabled sound bar; however, Dolby Atmos soundtracks are also fully backward compatible with traditional audio configurations and legacy home entertainment equipment.
Blu-ray, DVD & Digital Bonus Materials Include:
- Deleted Scenes
- Four Featurettes:
– “Shooting in The Shallows”
– “How to Build a Shark”
– “Finding The Perfect Beach: Lord Howe Island”
– “When Sharks Attack”